Wednesday, November 26, 2008

i LOVE christmas

I like thinking about what I was doing a year ago during special times like holidays and summers. My sister asked me a few days ago if I wanted to help her decorate her house for Christmas. I was reminded of when I did this last year, and wrote a note on facebook about it (before I was a blogger). I went and read the note, and thought I would post it. A) To show what I was doing and thinking at this time LAST year, and B) To help put someone else or myself in the spirit of thankfulness and awareness.

During times like Christmas, my sense of awareness is heightened, my heart and spirit are stimulated, challenged, encouraged, affected, and I just can't help but think it is a divine thing. Here's the post. And the last paragraph is still as true now as it was a year ago.

I saw my most favoritest :) movie yesterday- August Rush. Pleease go see it if you love music and good movies. I am very impressed lately with movies and the messages they send. Other recent favorites are: Becoming Jane, The Painted Veil, Dan in Real Life.....ah! So good. See 'em all.

I am LOOOVING Christmas season! Folks say it all the time, but it really was here before I knew it! I feel behind- like I should have been listening to Christmas music back in October! I usually do! I blame it on moving- my cds are still in a box, I haven't accessed my i-tunes in over a month.

I'm watching my sister decorate her Christmas tree right now, and enjoying 98 degrees' Christmas album. Earlier, I was enjoying Mercy Me's Christmas cd....both are GREAT. :) I love this time of year and its tunes that bring back memories and give you a good feeling. Going to the mall....hanging out with friends more than normal...getting stuck in lame traffic...Starbucks Christmas flavored drinks...shiny decorations....the bells ringing outside of Wal-Mart...the excuse to bake and eat sweets limitlessly...church services with Christmas hymns...the color GREEN! My favorite....

I hope that as this season comes and passes quicker than we want, that we would allow our souls to slow down. That we would rest in the peace that Christ brought with Him to this earth, and continually offers us through a relationship with Him. I was driving to town today, and was reminded of the intimacy that God wants us to enjoy with him. We so long to be known and understood, and God wants us to realize the beautiful truth that He knows us and understands us more than anyone on this earth will. He created us and pursued us and if I could just understand that I am found in Him! :) That reminds me of the song "Found" by Hillsong:

Amazing love, now what else shall I need
Your name brings life, it's more than the air I breathe

My world was changed when your love you gave for me
My purpose found in all that you are for me

And I've found myself in you
And I've found myself in you

Take me to a place, where I can see you face to face
All I wanna do....All I wanna do is worship you


Happy Christmas season to my friends. God has blessed me to know beautiful people who are always thinking beyond themselves. I love you and I cherish the unique friendships I have with you.

3 comments:

Karla said...

nice.
i just love you.
karla
p.s. did you know my favorite color is green too?

Mandy said...

I love this blog! It brings me back to last year! :) Has it really been a year since August Rush came out? Wow! I love Christmas time. And I love you sis! And along with you and Karla, I love green a little too much!

Kristin said...

Awesome post Linds!
and I'm excited I found someone else who likes August Rush too! Can u believe Jo, E, and Tiff don't like it!