Thursday, May 7, 2009

moments later

i have seen lately how manipulative and intentional the enemy can be in the life of a Christ follower.
i have felt him, observed his ways. they are tricky, painful, and exhausting. i am in a battle and i think for the first time in my life, i realize the full need to armor up. it is clear to me that if i don't, i will quickly and pathetically be swallowed by defeat.

for me, he makes his playground in my mind.

he knows how to ruin me, not even days....moments sometimes...after i resolve to think differently. to take every thought captive and make it obedient. for instance...

i resolve to believe the truth and dismiss the lies; he enables me to relive and replay scenes in my mind that pull me into negativity and critical thinking-- failures, pasts, statistics, what if?s...

i resolve to trust God more; the enemy reminds me of all the reasons to be skeptical, cautious, and to resort to what I know

i resolve to wait; the enemy tells me that no decision IS a decision and that i am disobeying if i'm not making one

i resolve to rest; the enemy shows me all of my commitments and pursuits and laughs in my face

i resolve to follow God, even in the risk; satan reminds me that the safe places feel good, and are a lot less lonely


for these reasons, with my resolve and my determination, i absolutely MUST spend the moments that follow, and the rest of my LIFE, re-submitting to God, re-trusting Him for power, and renewing my mind with the beautiful truth of His word and who He is. i also must re-think the level of difficulty, and the amount of strength i thought it might not require....ha. thank you, satan, for reminding me how quickly i must hasten to my God to supply all of my needs. when i recognize you again, may i be quicker. and the next time, quicker.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

it's ridiculous how many different tactics satan uses to try and pull us away from Christ. I only pray that I can be as strong and deliberate as you've stated we must be...
Great post Lindsey.

Karla said...

good job my girl! :)

Mandy said...

I've been battling a lot with this too.... and I often forget that it's Satan right in the middle of it!