Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Turning over a new leaf



Cliche. But true. The best way I know how to describe it is that I've been in this hurricane....small, but a hurricane to me, none the less. And God has decided to let me out of it. And he didn't just toss me out all rough like. He landed me gently. In a place of provision and peace, and surprises. I am overwhelmed with how he makes our journey beautiful in ways we actually cannot. :)I've been praising Him despite circumstances, but sometimes, when God works through circumstances, it is something to be thankful for, and that's where I am. Taken aback. Loving it. Loving Him.

"I need a hurricane
To empty out this place
Seems it's the only way
To salvage any sense I have left
To move on

I need a hurricane
To straighten out this place
It maybe the only way
To salvage any sense I have left
To move on"

-Mindy Smith

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey - what a wonderful way of putting this. I can so relate these past two weeks....but just watching what has happened in your life recently has left me awed. I always said you deserve the best....I am so happy for you, proud of you, and praise with you. I love you.
Debra