Monday, November 10, 2008

Curtain Call

This is the title of the new sermon series at church. It started today, with an opening message called "The Ultimate Ovation". Brent did a great job presenting challenges from the life of Stephen (Acts 6 and 7), the first martyr. These challenges, taken from Stephen's life, hit me to the core...

1) Live an irreproachable life: one where people have to lie to say something bad about you. (that alone is a sermon. what a great task!)

2) Do irrefutable works: be trustworthy. blameless. do good works. acts of service. use God's abilities to bring hope and healing. real change to real lives.

3) Speak irresistable words: be wise in how you say what you say. be eloquent with purpose. through your speech, others will know your true convictions and heart. they won't have to question if you mean it.

Just these three points are a sermon and challenge I could take on for life. :)

Great job, Brent. I look forward to more.

2 comments:

Karla said...

love this blog. well said.
he's my favorite preacher! :)
kg

Anonymous said...

I think I'll reply... thanks, that was very kind... good stuff that is timeless and necessary.