Sunday, January 18, 2009

orderless bits

on my mind today...

it's God's kindness that leads us to repentance.
when left on our own, nine times out of ten, we don't self correct.
it is GOD'S kindness that beckons us to Him. to despise our sin and desire righteousness.
none is worthy of this kindness. not one.
it is HE alone who brings light to darkness, who overcomes evil with His good.


God wants to be ALL of Himself to me. at times, He is dominantly one or two attributes in my finite mind. i am learning lately how narrow my view is of God and the role He wants to take. i see God as teacher. as discipliner. as the one who gives and takes away. as one who withholds or allows pain to force patience and endurance, to always teach a lesson, to show how deceived or selfish i am.

He is SO MUCH MORE. PRAISE HIM. thank you Lord for being so much more. thank you for things about yourself that are at work without my awareness. "You dance over me while I am unaware." thank you that you lead me. you gently restore. you uphold. you go before me and prepare a path.

isaiah 42:16
and I will lead the blind
in a way that they do not know
in paths that they have not known
I will guide them

I will turn darkness before them into light
the rough places into level ground

these are the things I do
and I do not forsake them


philippians 1:6

...He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Great post Lindsey!
I struggle with the same narrow-mindedness as well. Thankfully, God consistently corrects me through his unending grace and mercy! Love it!...and you!

Mandy said...

Our minds are so small and sinful it is so easy to forget the hugeness of our God! Thanks for the fresh reminder that He is so much more to us than we often think. Love you sis!

Brooke Southerland said...

I think if we were able to comprehend the vastness of God our minds would explode. I loved the point about him being at work even when we're unaware. Good stuff Linds. Keep shining